We welcome new friends that love chemistry and biology! Each year, we have 1-2 positions for Ph. D. students and research scientists, and 2-3 positions for M. S. students. If you are interested in joining our group, please make sure that you meet the requirements for admission. Details can be found below:
M. S. student:
- You must obtain the admission from Hunan University. This can be done by passing the exam and interview, or obtaining an exam-waiver (保送资格) from your own university.
- You must contact Prof. Bai as early as possible to secure a position. Each year we typically get more than 5 applications thus early bird get the worm.
- You need to pass the group entry exam, when there is competition (e.g. when there are more than enough people applying for joining the group).
Ph. D. student:
- You should be qualified for Hunan University graduate college’s Application-Assessment (申请考核) process, so that you can possibly get admission from the graduate college. Requirements for this qualification can be found at: http://gra.hnu.edu.cn/info/1092/6288.htm/. This is the year 2020 version, but typically there will be no change in a few years.
- You need to contact Prof. Bai via email or telephone as early as possible. Each year in the fall and winter season, we typically get more than 2-4 applications EACH WEEK so make sure you make your move earlier.
- There is an entry exam hold by the group, and you must show your capability by completing the exam.
- Publications in your M. S. stage of study is NOT mandatory. We care about your potential, not your history.
Foreign (international) student, and domestic student from Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan region:
- We only accept Ph. D. students.
- We only accept international students from Viet Nam.
For post-doc applications, please contact Prof. Bai directly.